Thursday, August 25, 2011

FALL PREVIEW

J. Edgar

I have to say that I am very excited and hopeful about the movies coming out this fall and winter. The movie at the top of my list has got to be J. Edgar.

Clint Eastwood is one of the most influential people the film industry has ever seen. From his acting to his directing to his music, he has given the film community some classic performances and classic films. His newest project is J. Edgar a bio-pic covering the life of J. Edgar Hoover; the face of American Law Enforcement for almost 50 years. The film stars Leonardo Dicaprio as Hoover, as well as Armie Hammer, Josh Lucas, and Naomi Watts.

So why do I have high hopes for this movie? I’d say that’s pretty easy. Clint Eastwood is a master of bio-pics and character studies. From Million Dollar Baby, to Letters From Iwo Jima, to Gran Torino, the man knows how to get the best out of his actors and because of that it makes telling the story that much easier. I think it will have that classic 1940’s and 50’s type feel, which will only add to the realism.

In my eyes Eastwood is a god damn National treasure and I expect plenty of Oscar buzz for this film, and let’s be honest, it’s about time Dicaprio won Best Actor. J. Edgar comes out November 9th.



No comments:

Post a Comment