Yes, the beginning, of what... I'm not sure. I am back blogging after almost two years off and I regret not keeping up with it. Writing has become everything in my life. It is my craft and hopefully my future career. My last blog was all about movies. I gave recommendations, reviews, I wrote about things I'd hear that were happening in the industry, and I still plan on doing some of that. However, I'll also be talking about my life. Now I'm no expert, or star, but I feel at the ripe age of 20, that I have a lot of good views on life, and have had a lot of experiences that I think people my age can really relate to.
Since dropping out of the University of Illinois almost a year ago, I have been on a roller-coaster ride. I left at probably the lowest point in my life, depressed, lost , and very cynical. Luckily, I found something to get me out of that rut. A gap year program that would take me to Fiji, New Zealand, and Australia. On February 10th of this year, me and 12 others left on a journey that has changes my life forever. For three months we traveled, in Fiji we lived with the natives: helping them build a sidewalk, riding horseback through the unspeakably beautiful scenery, and even dancing into the night, drinking Kava and relaxing below the quiet night sky. In New Zealand we went North to South hitting all of the major spots, but most notably climbing the famous Mt. Doom from the Lord of the Rings. A treacherous mountain, with a heavenly view at the top. And then Australia, a globalized country, that is almost all desert. The Outback is exactly how you imagine it, vast, dry, and hot. It took nearly a week to get through half of it, on a small bus full of people. It was a trip that I'll never forget, it was three months of my life where I was overwhelmed almost everyday. It changed me for the better, I matured and I found a new motivation for my life.
When I returned home, almost immediately I was back on the road, this time to the University of Southern California to take film classes. California for the last few years has been the goal destination. Like all people trying to make it in the film industry it is where I want to go to school, where I want to work, and where I want to live. At USC I learned more about the screenwriting craft then ever before. I wrote freely and and enjoyably and my end products thrived because of that. I left with new ideas and a new understanding that I hope to carry with me for a long time.
So that's me. A beginning screenwriter currently living in his parent's house, applying to film schools, and just waiting for that break, or that spark that will propel me forward. I know how difficult it's gonna be, but what's life without a few challenges. But maybe more importantly, if you're not enjoying life then what's the point. I am going about it a little differently, but at least I'm enjoying it and having fun with it.
duh best
ReplyDelete